Purchasing catastrophic health insurance can be a difficult process for many individuals. While you may know that you want a low monthly premium and a high deductible, you may not have a clue what else to look for when purchasing this type of insurance. There are many factors to consider, and without a little help, you may not be getting the right bang for your buck.
Secrets For Finding The Right Catastrophic Health Insurance
If you want the best, consider the following secrets for buying catastrophic health insurance.
- Use an Agent- You may not have realized it, but it does not cost you any more to use an agent than it does to find catastrophic health insurance yourself. Insurance agents are paid like travel agents are, directly through the company. If you want to find the best catastrophic health insurance, use an agent who is honest and love their job. They will help you find the best insurance for you.
- Medical Savings Accounts- Many catastrophic health plans come with medical savings accounts, which enable you to save tax deferred money to use alongside your catastrophic health insurance should an emergency occur. This is an important aspect, because it means you don’t have to pay your entire deductible out-of-pocket. Before you purchase your insurance policy, make sure you ask your agent if a medical savings account is available.
- Shop Around- Don’t settle for the first quote you come across. There are many different insurance companies available these days, and each quote you receive will be different. The coverage these companies provide will differ as well, so make sure to take a complete look at what is offered, and what is not.
Catastrophic Health Insurance Resources
- Use The Web- The internet is a great place to find catastrophic health insurance. However, you need to make sure you are dealing with a legitimate company. Here are just a few tips for making sure you are purchasing from a great company.
- Obtain quotes from known companies. There are several well known insurance providers out there, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, located at www.bcbs.com, and Aetna, located at www.aetna.com.
- Find out what the Better Business Bureau has to say about the company. You can find information at www.bbb.org.
- Visit www.eegroup.com for a complete list of reputable health insurance companies in the United States.
- Consider Your Health- When it comes to catastrophic health insurance, you must consider your current health. Will you need to visit the regular doctor or obtain prescriptions often? If so, you will need to find a health plan that allows you to purchase additional riders for this type of coverage. Look around and see if prescription or regular doctor visit or preventive care riders are available and check out the costs. Since you are purchasing this type of insurance, you will more than likely want a low cost rider along side your low monthly premium.
When it comes to purchasing catastrophic health insurance, make sure you know how to find the best providers, because your health depends on it.