Catastrophic health insurance can be the ideal alternative to full coverage insurance. It provides you with emergency coverage with a low premium and a high deductible. However, there are a few aspects of full coverage insurance that catastrophic health insurance does not provide for unless an additional cover is purchased.
Living Healthy With Catastrophic Health Insurance
Unless you decide to purchase a cover, most catastrophic health insurance plans do not provide for regular doctor’s visits, checkups, and prescriptions. If you want to keep the cost of your health insurance down, purchasing these covers may not be an option for you. So it is important to make sure you stay healthy while you have catastrophic health insurance. Easy ways to stay healthy and avoid paying out of pocket for a doctor. Better than catastrophic health insurance is improved health.
- Eat Healthy- Everyone knows staying healthy depends on eating a diet full of vitamins, minerals, and the right foods, but did you know there are foods that can actually fight illnesses? Take an apple for example. This delicious fruit contains vitamin C, boron, and vitamin A, which help to reduce cholesterol and decrease the risk of cancer. They also contain anti-bacterial and anti-viral qualities, which will help you stay healthy. Broccoli is a vegetable containing antioxidants, which lower blood pressure and increase blood flow. Salmon, and other specific types of fish like tuna, contain omega-3 fatty acids, which lower the risk of heart attacks. It also stimulates brain function and reduces asthma and blood pressure.
- Exercise- Along with a healthy diet, exercise is important if you want to remain healthy while on catastrophic health insurance. Take time to exercise for at least twenty minutes a day, three times a week.
- Avoid Using Substances That Could Jeopardize Your Health- Certain substances, like alcohol, illegal drugs, and cigarettes can put your health at risk and can result in addiction, illness, and injury. Avoid them at all costs.
- Choose Your Partners Carefully- While most individuals don’t think about their sex life when they are trying to live healthy lives, it is an important topic that should be discussed. An unhealthy or inappropriate sex life could lead to sexually transmitted diseases or pregnancy, both of which will require a regular visit to your family doctor. If you want to avoid paying out of pocket for these medical bills, you may want to consider abstaining from sex until you can purchase full coverage insurance.
- Checkups- Sometimes you need to spend a little money to save a lot of money when using catastrophic health insurance. This is true when it comes to annual checkups with your doctor. While it may seem like you could avoid yet another expense by skipping these checkups, they can actually save you money in the long run. Women should also visit a gynecologist once a year for a pelvic exam, pap smear, and breast exam. These tests will help detect cervical cancer and other problems, like breast lumps.
While you may not be covered for every medical problem when using catastrophic health insurance, it will be a lifesaver in the event of an emergency. In the meantime, save money by maintaining a healthier lifestyle. For more information on catastrophic health insurance, continue to follow our website.